Local Travel

Be sure to follow guidance for public transport and other transport options. Weather can be extreme. Flooding can occur in warmer weather. There are snowstorms in the colder months. Severe weather can affect airline, bus and train services. Check with local transport providers and emergency service providers for up-to-date details.

Driving permit

You can drive a car or motorbike for up to 12 months. You need a full Australian licence for the relevant vehicle. After 12 months, you’ll require a UK driver’s licence. An International Driving Permit is not needed. If riding a motorcycle, always wear a helmet.

Road travel

Road and safety conditions in the UK are comparable to Australia. Follow the advice from local authorities. Weather and other conditions that may affect driving in the UK.


Some people have reported sexual assaults and robberies in unlicensed taxis. Only use officially marked taxis.

Rail travel

Rail services are extensive. They can be affected by industrial action, weather, or engineering works.

Check National Rail or the Transport for London websites for the latest service updates.

More information:

Air travel

The Australian Government doesn’t provide information on the safety of individual commercial airlines or flight paths.

Check the UK’s air safety air profile with the Aviation Safety Network.

Attractions & Sightseeing Tours in London, England

Below are Sightseeing Activity Tours & Attractions in London. Visit Bars, Pubs and Night Clubs in London with our Nightlife Tours which include Wine Tasting, Dining Experiences in some of London’s Finest Restaurants.

Book Hotels, Guest Houses & Villas in London, England

Hotels in London, England are spread around the city within the territory of 17.9 kilometers, while 66 hotels are located directly in the city center. We have 2281 Apartments listed in London,  England779 Guest Houses available to Book in London, England and 1935 Hotels listed available for Booking right now.